Survival skills Room 6 as part of the swim for life programme.
Starting the unit with looking at the historical and present day uses of the land - what we grow.
Our students were involved in many activities identifying and investigating local produce and land use of the Brooklyn area. We looked at Apples and Kiwifruit from Fairfield Orchards, Blueberries and Plant and Food Research Centre, Hops from Mac Hops and a trip to the local museum.
Our thinking and learning were then developed with a Primary Entreprise theme....
• Generating, identifying and assessing opportunities.
• Collecting, organising and analysing information.
• Communicating and receiving ideas and information.
• Using initiative and drive.
• Working with others and in teams.
• Planning and organising.
• Monitoring and evaluating.
Students from Room Bloom and Class Capiche, identified business groups, a product or service and developed a business plan to facilitate the thinking as part of a Market Day.